I forgot to mention that I had decided to re-ballast the yard at Corinna. Previously, there had been a lot of greenery growing up between the tracks.
I did a little work on the creek tonight and did a second pour of the water.
Kevin and I got together for the first Wednesday night gathering, and started working on some water, both on the north end of Corinna and on Kevin’s covered bridge module.
The Cell-u-Clay was almost completely dried, and so I slathered on a quite gloppy coat of Behr Premium “Fedora” flat latex paint, and proceeded to layer on the texture.
I’ve been using this Cell-u-Clay stuff for most of my life. The first time I used it, I was four or five, and my mother and I used it to make Christmas ornaments.
The first layer of landforms have been applied over the cardboard forms. Made from heavy duty workshop paper towels soaked in diluted matte medium, they obviously show almost every former beneath them.
Most of today was spent on the layout, completing the stonework at the north end of the bridge and placing forms for the scenery.