I’ve been using this Cell-u-Clay stuff for most of my life. The first time I used it, I was four or five, and my mother and I used it to make Christmas ornaments.
The first layer of landforms have been applied over the cardboard forms. Made from heavy duty workshop paper towels soaked in diluted matte medium, they obviously show almost every former beneath them.
Most of today was spent on the layout, completing the stonework at the north end of the bridge and placing forms for the scenery.
A little more work was done on the trestle at the north end of Corinna this evening. The bents that were completed last night were stained and set in place (they’re not secured just yet).
I’ve been a little paralyzed, because I couldn’t figure out how to handle the north end of Corinna scenically — beyond knowing that there would be a large creek with a long, low, curved trestle.
This little engine seemed so, so big to me when I was a child. It was running on the Edaville Railroad then — such a long time ago.